VISX™ Diagnostic and Laser Systems
The VISX STAR S4™ Excimer Laser System is fully integrated with WaveScan technology, allowing physicians to deliver individualized treatments. This customized procedure, called CustomVue™, was released to the international market in 2002 and involves comprehensive diagnosis, surgical planning, and vision correction steps. Dr. Holzman utilizes the trusted VISX™ system to provide personalized vision correction that is accurate, fast, and safe.
VISX CustomVue™ Waveprint™ System
The VISX™ CustomVue™ Waveprint™ System measures light waves as they travel through your eye, mapping the entire optical path to provide a precise and comprehensive analysis of your vision, including information about refractive errors and irregularities that are unique to you. This sophisticated diagnostic device allows the surgeon to create a highly-customized treatment plan based on your individual vision correction needs, an essential step is achieving precise, high quality vision and optimum treatment results.
VISX STAR S4™ Excimer Laser with ActiveTrak™
The VISX Star S4™ Wavefront-guided excimer laser is an advanced vision correction system that uses ActiveTrak™ to follow and record the eye’s movement in all three dimensions throughout your procedure, allowing for extremely precise results and minimizing the influence of human error and other treatment concerns. ActiveTrak™ is fast, accurate, and extremely reliable, ensuring patient comfort and safety throughout the procedure and improved treatment results.
Advanced SmartBeam™ Technology
Additionally, the VISX™ exclusive SmartBeam™ technology adjusts the size of the laser beam according to your personal treatment needs as determined with the CustomVue™ Waveprint™ technology, preventing unnecessary tissue removal during your procedure. This step allows patients to achieve a larger optical zone, or treatment zone, that can reduce night vision problems and maximize the outcome of the laser vision correction. The precise SmartBeam™ technology also allows Dr. Holzman to achieve extremely consistent results for vision correction patients at TLC Laser Eye Centers.
Benefits of the VISX STAR S4™ with ActiveTrak™ System
The VISX™ system provides a complete, integrated vision correction option that can be customized for each individual patient and presents a number of unique benefits, including:
- The S4 is a tissue-sparing laser, which means it removes approximately 22 percent less corneal tissue than some of its competitors. As a surgeon, Dr. Holzman is concerned with making sure to remove just enough tissue to achieve the desired outcome. This is important in case the patient needs an enhancement procedure in the future. If too much tissue has been removed the chances are the patient will not be a good candidate for the necessary enhancement procedure.
- ActiveTrak™ 3D eye-tracking technology allows the laser to detect and compensate for small eye movements by guiding the laser beam to keep it centered precisely over the treatment area.
- ActiveTrak™ system allows the surgeon to track eye movement in all three dimensions, which helps ensure precise results by keeping the beam centered correctly on the eye at all times. Dr. Holzman uses the WavePrint™ mapping system to determine the exact center of your pupil. Unlike other lasers with eye tracking technology, ActiveTrak™ requires no pupil dilation, so less discomfort is experienced throughout your procedure and a quicker recovery time is achieved.
- The VISX STAR S4™ laser system produces seven variable sized beams, which gives Dr. Holzman more flexibility and allows for a fast treatment with precise correction and natural, smooth corneal shaping.
- VISX™ laser systems produce an extremely consistent surface on the cornea after the procedure, which allows for faster healing, improved visual acuity, and better visual outcomes overall for most patients.
- VISX™ laser systems achieve an optical zone that may result in reduced problems with night vision and increased quality of vision in all conditions.
To learn more about the many benefits of the VISX STAR S4™ system with CustomVue™ technology, please contact TLC Laser Eye Centers today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Holzman.
“Dr. Holzman is the best - very honest, very professional yet very friendly and personable.” Ben E.