Dr. Jonathan Solomon
Dr. Jonathan Solomon is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in laser cataract and refractive surgery. He is well known for his activity in the ophthalmic academic community, as well as for his spirit and compassion, which extend beyond the surgical theater. Dr. Solomon has been acknowledged by GQ Magazine in their “Men of the Year” issue, recognized nationally as one of the “Top Doctors in America” by his peers, and listed as one of Baltimore-Washington’s Super Doctors for 2013.
Dr. Solomon works closely with the leading manufacturers of precision surgical equipment, including instruments and intraocular lens implants, and engages in a variety of studies. Some noteworthy studies include the FDA evaluation of accelerated corneal collagen cross-linking for the treatment of Keratoconus, Corneal Ectasia and the Visian Toric Phakic Intraocular Lens. Solomon Eye Physicians & Surgeons is also proud to participate in the refinement of LENSAR LASER’s STREAMLINE IV/Ally™ for Laser Refractive Cataract Surgery, which allows us to offer patients a more precise, custom procedure as unique to our practice as your eyes are to you.
As the Chief of Ophthalmology at the University of Maryland, Capital Regional Surgery Center and co-founder of the Bowie Vision Institute for Applied Studies, Dr. Solomon continues to educate and train the next generation of refractive and corneal reconstructive surgeon and a fellowship preceptor for the UMD School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences.
Dr. Solomon proudly offers and pioneered the application of the Callisto Guidance, which allows for Virtually Augmented-assisted feedback in the operating theatre. Dr. Solomon also uses 3D Surgical Guidance, the only one of it’s kind in the DMV which ensures precise refractive outcomes for all of the FDA-approved presbyopia-correcting intraocular lenses (IOL): PanOptix, Vivity, Eyhance, Synergy, Tecnis Multifocal & the RxSight Light Adjustable Lens. Additionally, to correct astigmatism, the implantation of a wide-variety of Toric lenses are available to his patients. For Dr. Solomon’s highly myopic patients , those who do not qualify for LASIK or PRK, he is a key opinion leader for the implantation of Visian ICLs; surgically implanted contact lenses that can give refractive correction and spectacle/contact lens freedom. Schedule your refractive consultation today.
AFFILIATIONS AND PRIVILEGES
Dr. Solomon is an active contributor to the ophthalmic community as a member and leader in multiple professional societies and other organizations. These include:
- Medical director of Dimensions Surgery Center
- Co-founder of the Bowie Vision Institute
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Fellow of the International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- Executive board member of the Maryland Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Official Terps LASIK surgeon at the University of Maryland
- Founding member of the American-European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgeons
- Accreditation Board member of the Cornea Society
- Active consultant to the FDA’s Ophthalmic Device Panel
- Former Clinical Instructor at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University
- Reston Hospital
- Northern Virginia Eye Surgery Center
- Fairfax Surgical Center