Q & A: What can I expect that my results will be like post LASIK?
It is the question that every potential patient wants the answer to: What can I expect my vision to be after my LASIK procedure is complete? Will it be 20/20? Our answer to this question is we want you to achieve your best corrected vision post LASIK. We want you to be 20/HAPPY. Dr. Andrew Holzman and TLC vision laser eye centers perform a series of comprehensive vision tests to best determine what your visual outcome will be post operatively. Although we cannot predict how your body heals, we can give you a good idea of what you can expect your vision outcome to be after your surgery. The best way to determine what you can expect from having the LASIK procedure is to do your research and find a surgeon and a surgical center that you trust. This patient survey below can give you a general idea of what patients who have had LASIK are saying about their post operative results.
“Preliminary results of the USAEyes CORE Lasik patient survey at the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Ophthalmic Devices Panel (ODP), which was considering quality of life issues after Lasik.
- 99% report quality of life as expected, better, or much better
- 98% day vision as expected, better, or much better
- 98% no complications or issues are seldom problematic
- 98% would recommend surgery to family and friends.
- 97% would have surgery again, knowing what they know now
- 96% wear corrective lenses as often as expected, less, or much less than expected
- 96% report post-op vision without lenses as expected, better, or much better than expected when compared to pre-op vision with lenses
- 96% report overall quality of vision as expected, better, or much better than expected
- 91% no complications at any time
- 91% night vision as expected, better, or much better
- 7% complications seldom problematic
– yet 91% of these same patients would have surgery again
- 2% complications frequent or always problematic yet 22% of f these same patients would have surgery again”
Source: LASIK Patient Advocacy / www.usaeyes.org