The Alcon WavelLght® FS200
At Dr. Holzman’s practice with TLC Laser Eye Centers, we strive to provide the highest level of corrective vision treatment to our patients. At our Washington, D.C. -area practice with five convenient locations, we have invested in the latest technology to improve every aspect of your experience. This technology includes the Alcon WaveLight® FS200 femtosecond laser, which is used to create a corneal flap during LASIK with greater efficiency and precision. Dr. Andrew E. Holzman has performed over 90,000 vision correction surgeries and is passionate about helping his patients improve their quality of life through his care. The WaveLight® FS200 in integral in helping him continue to provide exceptional results.
The WaveLight® FS200 can create a corneal flap with greater efficiency and precision.
What is a Femtosecond Laser?
A femtosecond laser emits ultrashort pulses at a fast speed. While this laser can be used in a variety of refractive surgeries, it is most commonly used to create the corneal flap during a LASIK procedure. The laser creates a hinged flap in the outermost layer of the cornea (epithelium), which grants access to the center layer (stroma). Once the excimer laser makes the necessary refinements to the stroma, the flap is replaced.
Femtosecond lasers have made bladeless LASIK possible, improving the procedure in several ways:
- Improved predictability of flap thickness
- Decreased risk of corneal abrasions
- More precise incisions
- Decreased risk of induced astigmatism
- Decreased risk of infection
Overall, the femtosecond laser has been monumental in improving the safety of LASIK procedures, the patient experience, and results.
When paired with the WaveLight EX500 Excimer Laser, the WaveLight FS200 helps patients receive the highest quality refractive treatment.
The WaveLight FS200
There are several qualities that make the Alcon WaveLight FS200 Femtosecond Laser the gold standard in refractive surgery technology, including:
- The WaveLight FS200 is exceptionally fast, creating a flap in approximately six seconds. The incomparable speed of this technology is a major factor that contributes to the safety of our LASIK procedures.
- The machine features adjustable hinge position, size, and angle to achieve the necessary flap dimensions for your treatment.
- We are able to achieve smooth stromal beds and easy-to-lift flaps while minimizing the opaque bubble layer (gas bubbles that accumulate during surgery, which can lead to complications).
- Calibration & Efficiency
- With automatic calibration, the system adjusts for temperature changes and other variables. It is also equipped with a sophisticated microscope that allows the doctor to maintain visibility to ensure your procedure is being properly executed. Additionally, a motorized laser arm allows for more precise docking of the laser onto the eye.
The use of the WaveLight FS200 also allows Dr. Holzman to provide increasingly customized treatment that accommodate the unique needs of each patient. When paired with the WaveLight® EX500 excimer laser, the WaveLight FS200 helps patients receive the highest quality refractive treatment and results.
Advanced Vision Correction
The WaveLight FS200 is a valuable tool that allows us to help you achieve your vision goals in the most effective and efficient manner. Contact us online today or call our office nearest you to schedule your consultation.