The decision to undergo laser vision correction in Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, DC is one which you should consider carefully. When selecting a doctor or facility - our centers are located in McLean and Charlottesville - to care for your vision correction needs, it is important that you educate yourself on every aspect of the practice, including the experience of the surgeon, the technology featured in the office, and the measures in place to ensure your safety and overall comfort.
Refining the Shape of the Cornea
For your convenience, Dr. Holzman has compiled the following list of considerations to assist you in selecting a laser vision correction facility:
- Does the surgeon perform at least 2,000 vision procedures per year?
- Does the surgeon use a safe system to create the corneal flap?
- Does the surgeon use FDA-approved customized lasers, such as the VISX Star S4™ ActiveTrak™ Excimer Laser System and the WaveLight ALLEGRETTO WAVE ™ Excimer Laser System?
- Does the surgeon have access to more than one excimer laser system?
- Does the center use wavefront analysis to take measurements of the eye both pre-operatively and post-operatively?
- Does the center use the Orbscan® Diagnostic System?
- Does the center use the Oculus Pentacam Diagnostic System?
- Does the laser suite have a Liebert system?
- Does the center measure the size of the patient’s pupils in order to ensure the appropriate treatment zone is used to avoid post-operative side effects?
- Does the practice test for dry eyes before the procedure?
- Does the surgeon use gloves, hats, and masks and sterilize all instruments for every patient?
- Does the center take the time to explain complex issues and answer all of your questions?
Dr. Holzman - Going Beyond the Standard
Because of our commitment to provide you with the highest quality care and a fully customized treatment plan, Dr. Holzman and TLC are able to offer an emphatic 'yes' to all of the above questions. Dr. Holzman's experience is unmatched. An expert in the field of refractive surgery, he has performed well over 80,000 laser vision correction procedures. His practice utilizes the most advanced technology and equipment, including Bladeless LASIK for precisely and safely creating the corneal flap, the newest generation VISX Star S4™ ActiveTrak™ Excimer Laser System with CustomVue™, WaveScan® technology for mapping your vision, the WaveLight ALLEGRETTO WAVE™ Laser System, and the Orbscan® from Bausch and Lomb to detect weak areas in the cornea. Our surgical facilities are equipped with a Liebert system to control for environmental variables during your procedure. In addition, we make safety a top priority. To minimize the occurrence of post-operative side effects, we use the Colvard Infrared Pupillometer to determine your pupil size, and we thoroughly screen each patient for dry eye to ensure the best possible outcome. We sterilize all of our instruments and take a number of extra precautions to ensure your safety during laser vision correction. Finally, we pride ourselves on providing a comfortable, caring environment where you can educate yourself and make confident, knowledgeable decisions regarding your treatment. For more information, please complete our online consultation form or schedule a consultation at our convenient location in Tyson Corner, McLean, Virginia or Charlottesville to learn more about laser vision correction. The Tysons location is very convenient just off the beltway, so it's a short trip if you live in Virginia, Maryland or Washington, DC.