IntraLase® Benefits Can Improve Your Quality of Life
Clear vision is a truly precious asset. For patients who want all the benefits of clear vision without having to wear corrective eyewear, an IntraLase® procedure can be a life-changing experience. IntraLase® is a vision correction surgery that uses a laser to create a hinged flap in the outer layer of the cornea. Through this incision, the inner layer of the cornea can be refined with an excimer laser so that light refracts properly onto your retina. The end result of this quick and safe procedure is a reduced or eliminated need for glasses or contact lenses.
Dr. Andrew Holzman has performed thousands of laser vision correction procedures, and can make your Intralase® surgery as comfortable and effective as possible. To learn more about Intralase® benefits, contact our practice serving the greater Washington, D.C. area today.
Intralase® is a fast, safe, and sophisticated procedure. During an initial consultation, Dr. Holzman will perform an in-depth analysis of your vision to determine if Intralase® is right for you. If you are a candidate, and you choose to undergo the treatment, you can expect that your surgical appointment will take about an hour total. You should arrange for a friend or loved one to drive you to and from our office.
After you are made comfortable, we will gently apply a special device that will keep your eyelids open and steady your eye. Next, Dr. Holzman will create a flap in the outer layer of the cornea (the dome-shaped area at the front of the eye) using the computer-guided iFS Laser. The incredible precision of this laser allows for ultra-thin incisions and improved surgical control. For patients, this provides a number of advantages, including faster recovery times, minimized postoperative discomfort, and reduced risk of complications.
Next, Dr. Holzman will fold back the tissue. He will use an excimer laser to refine corneal irregularities, allowing light to focus properly on the retina. Finally, the corneal flap is replaced, and will heal over time.
The Many Benefits of IntraLase®
IntraLase® provides numerous benefits that can help you achieve a significant improvement in your quality of life:
- IntraLase® can correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- With IntraLase®, the risk of complications is absolutely minimized.
- Many patients who are not candidates for traditional LASIK because of thin corneas may be suitable candidates for IntraLase®.
- Following surgery, many patients can stop wearing their glasses or contact lenses. Others may only need their glasses for specific activities.
- Enhanced vision can improve professional performance for many, including firefighters, pilots, and teachers.
- IntraLase® recovery time is very short, with vision often becoming noticeably improved immediately following treatment.
- Patients can expect to return to work after just 24 hours.
- Patients can resume their usual routines a day or two after surgery, as long as pressure on the eyes is avoided.
Learn More about IntraLase® Benefits
There has never been a better time to achieve freedom from glasses and contact lenses. To learn more about IntraLase® benefits, please reach out to us today and schedule your consultation.
“Dr. Holzman is the best - very honest, very professional yet very friendly and personable.” Ben E.